Building a Block Plane - Cutting its Throat

In the first photo I have marked the throat angles on my core block.  I marked a line at 2 1/4" from the front of the block.  I used a protractor to set my bevel gauge to 65 degrees. Then set the bevel gauge on the 2 1/4" line and marked the angle towards the top-front of the block.  I used my 45 degree square at the 2 1/4"line and marked a line up and toward the back of the block
Throat angles marked

I cut the angles on my bandsaw

Then sanded up to the angled lines. The 45 degree angle is perfect. The are still some bandsaw marks (my bandsaw blade got jammed, during another project, as a result it has a slight wobble in one small section and I didn't compensate enough and the wobble crossed the line)  However I don't think the marks will impact the plane blade so I decided to leave them alone.

The 65 degree angle didn't work out so well on the front block.  The angle is not even across the block.  It's off by 1 mm.  Notice the square line across the top of the front block. However I'm thinking this will not impact the function of the finished block plane.  The plane blade will be held in place against the 45 degree angle on the back block.

 

On the back of the front block I measured up 1/4" from the bottom and marked a line. I sanded the back of the front block (side with the 65 degree angle) square to the bottom of the block.  I didn't take a great photo but if you look closely you can see the result in the photo below.